Nutritional Info* per 1 cup serving: Calories 153; Fat 0.5g; Carb. 27.5g; Fiber 7g; Sugar 4.8g; Protein 10.7g
- 4 cups dried red lentils (rinsed)
- 6 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 8 medium fresh tomatoes, washed, hulled and cut in quarters
- 12 dried tomato halves (not in oil)
- 5 cups washed chopped carrots
- 10 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp celery seeds
- 2 tbsp baharat spice blend (can substitute with curry and a pinch of cloves and nutmeg)
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in large stock pot along with 15 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling cover and simmer on low for 30-40 mins until lentils and carrots are tender.
- Blend with immersion blender until smooth.
- Enjoy hot.
- This makes a large batch of 23 – 1 cup servings. I divide it in 2; place half in the fridge to reheat and eat for lunches and the other half gets divvied in containers and frozen for later.
*Nutrition information is based on information obtained from LoseIt.com