Sale shop your groceries. Invest in a chest freezer it will be your best friend. Find an area in your home to make a food pantry, we have a cold room in the basement.
- I try to select fruit that is less then $1 per pound whenever possible
- Buy extras of items you like for smoothies, pies and deserts and freeze
- Buy extras to dehydrate and add to granolas, muesli and trail mix
- When prices goes under $0.75 per pound buy extras and make sauces or canned fruit
- Look at what is on sale in flyer and tailor your meals around them
- When the big 10lbs bags of carrots and beets go on sale buy them and preserve them in a canner
- When cauliflower, cucumbers, beets, carrots, string beans are at there cheapest make home made pickles
- If you like vegetables if your smoothies buy when on sale and freeze for later use
- Buy in large quantities when it goes on sale and freeze
- Look for reduced items these are still good, cook up same day or freeze for later
- I try to never pay more then $10kg for meat
Dry goods, beauty products and cleaners:
- Most of these will keep for a year or more. So stock up when a great sale is on, I usually buy 6 months worth at a time.
Want more Frugal Living Tips…