The last week I have just been craving sweets like mad. Last night on whim after supper i decided to make brownies. These where so awesome! Disclaimer in no way are these healthy.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups whole grain spelt flour
Side note: when it comes to vanilla don’t get the stuff at your grocery store splurge and buy real vanilla extract you will not regret it.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and butter and flour an 9-inch square pan.
- Beat eggs until fluffy and light yellow.
- Incorporate sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Incorporate melted butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into grease pan.
- Bake for 45-60 mins.
- Test with toothpick, if toothpick comes out clean brownies are ready.
- Cut in 9 squares and enjoy.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 477; Fat 24.2g; Carbs. 59.1g; Protein 6.9g; Sugar 42.9g