Yesterday morning I made these while the boys where out and it took every inch of my willpower to not eat them all!
- 2 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh sage chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Mix together flour, salt, sage and baking powder
- Cut in butter
- Combine in a second bowl milk and egg
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients; until just incorporated . Do not over mix this will cause your biscuits to not rise!
- Shape dough into a rectangle that is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 10 pieces, place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy hot, just as or with butter.
Nutritional information: Calories 166; Fat 6.2g; Carb.23g; Fiber 2.2g; Protein 4.8g; Sugar 0g