I have been experiencing with wheat alternative flours to see how my body reacts. Wheat makes me bloated and my joints feel swelled along with my head all congested. This is why I often bake with spelt. I noticed that the spelt bread I often buy from the grocery store contain rye flour also, this got me thinking that I should try baking with rye. This quick bread recipe is amazing super yummy however sadly as I type this my ankles hurt and i’m all congested; however not bloated. Conclusion rye is out of my diet at least in large doses.
- 2 1/2 cups rye flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp corn syrup (for healthier choice use maple or honey)
- Pre-heat oven to 385F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients; in a second bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and combine well.
- Pour into greases loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 385F for 30 minutes turn down heat to 350F and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Makes 1 loaf / 12 slices.
Nutritional Information per slice: Calories 90; Fat 0.5g; Carb. 19.5g; Sugars 1.8g; Protein 2.1g