I love meatloaf; it’s still slightly strange staying that as not even 2 years ago I was a vegetarian but times has changed and as my husband likes to say I have turned into a carnivore. Meatloaf is easy to make and better as leftovers which is great because I have a habit of large batch cooking and feeding the family the same meal 3 days in a row.
Extra Saucy Meat Loaf – Gluten Free
Ingredients for loaf:
- 1 family size package of ground pork (about 1.3kg)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 can tomato past (156 mL)
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- Combine all loaf ingredients and mix well in large bowl; transfer to loaf pan and shape your loaf. I like a short super saucy meatloaf therefore I make mine in a Lasagna pan!
- Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl and top meatloaf with sauce.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375F for approximately 1 hour or until internal loaf temperature reaches 160F.