A very simple large batch miso soup with a few variations that the whole family loved.
- Club size pack of lean ground pork
- 4-5 small onions – chopped
- 4-5 large carrots – chopped
- Broth enough to completely cover ingredients in pot plus 2-3 more inches
- Miso past about 1 cup
- Rice noodles (optional)
- Corn (optional)
- In an extra-large soup pot add onion, carrot, broth turn on.
- Add pork by breaking off chunks and placing it in the soup pot. If required add more stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 mins.
- Once vegetables are tender and pork is cooked stir in miso 1 tbsp at a time. I ended up adding about 1 cup miso. Taste the soup frequently while adding miso as quantity of miso will depend on the broth you chose.
- Soup is now ready to eat.
- Variation 1 – To change it up stir in some frozen corn in your bowl when soup is super hot.
- Variation 2 – Cook some rice vermicelli on the side and stir some in each bowl
Side note: if you don’t eat pork swap it for ground chicken or turkey.