I’m always trying to find new ways to sneak in more vegetables in my son’s diet. These are not only healthy but super yummy. The recipes yields 3 large servings and each serving only has 160 calories and 19g of carbohydrates compared to the same recipes made with potatoes that would have 302 calories and 45g of carbohydrates. My son actually asked me if I could make them again this week.
- 6 cups turnip sliced in large sticks
- 2 tbsp bacon fat
- 1 tbsp potatoe starch
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat over to 425F
- Melt bacon fat in microwave
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss until turnips are covered evenly
- Spread turnip fries on 2 cookies sheets making sure they are only one layer thick and do not touch each other.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes flipping the fries after 10 minutes.