I made pumpkin soup for our Easter supper appetizer. This is a wonderful super simple and quick soup to make.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- salt, peper and/or hot sauce to taste
- In a heavy bottom saucepan heat oil on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until onions have browned.
- Add Pumpkin, water, vegetable bouillon, ginger, maple syrup and stir until the soup well blended.
- Heat to a boil, turn off heat and mix in almond milk.
- Add salt, pepper and/or hot sauce to taste and serve hot.
- We had ours topped with candied pumpkin seeds.