I’m always up for trying new food; this is how I discovered my love for chia seeds, goji berries and incan berries. When I noticed savi seeds on sale this week I bought a bag. All curious we each tried one and all decided at the same time these are not for us. Now I’m stuck with a tiny $9 bag of seeds we don’t like. Kick in the imagination and lets whip up a recipe! I have to say this is a winner! I successfully turned a food that my family felt was inedible into a yummy paleo desert treat!
Candied Pecans and Savi Seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 – 142g bag of Vega Savi Seeds (you can substitute the Savi Seeds for 1 cup of any type of nuts or seeds)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with Parchment Paper. This step is super important if you want a hassle free clean up at the end.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a roaring boil string frequently over medium heat.
- Turn off heat and toss in nuts and seeds. Mix well.
- Pour mixture on baking sheet and spread out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes stirring mixture at the 5 minute mark.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in pan.
- Once cooled you should be able to break it up in chunks.
Makes 12 Servings
Calories 161; Fat 12g; Sodium 173.3mg; Carbs 10.5g; Fiber 3g; Sugars 7.9g; Protein 4.7g
Nutritional Information Provided from LoseIt data.
“Sugar and Spice and everything nice…”
Yours Truly Pierrette