In January I am going to try out a new fitness programme that my cousin Karen has been working with for sometime, she swears this is amazing and once I try I will never go back. I’m sceptical as always.
Why wait till January ~ well it’s simple, my life is too busy right now to add anything else.
Part of this programme includes drinking a shake in the morning. She claims that this shake will make you feel fuller, replace your vitamines and give you more energy enabling you to lose weight faster! I figured If I’m going to try this I need a baseline to compare it to. So while I wait for my schedule to clear up so that I can properly incorporate the fitness half of this program I will establish a baseline. None of this baseline business is truly new to me I probably already start 3 out of 7 mornings with a shake the other days I have protein and fruit.
Establishing My Baseline
- make sure I never miss my vitamines
- start the morning with a protein shake
- maintain my 500 calorie deficit per day (I am trying to lose that last 10 annoying pounds)
- continue with my exercise routine as usual
- take daily progress picks and weight ins
- Take a weekly measurements
- share my results weekly here
What Protein and Vitamins Am I Using
The vitamins I take every morning are:
- One MultiVitamins for Adult Women
- One 400IU vitamin D tablet
- One 500mg Calcium Carbonate with 200IU vitamin D tablet
What goes into my shake:
- One scoop of Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Chocolate Protein
- 1/4 scoop of Greens First
- 1/2 tsp of Pure Bee Pollen Granules
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond, cashew or Coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen berries
It is also important to note that I follow my morning shake with my morning tea it’s always a black tea and I make a full pot using 2 tea bags. So approximately 1250mL of tea ~ I know that is a lot of tea! For the last few weeks I have been drinking Tetley Signature Collection High Tea.
Week One Progress In Notes and Pictures
What I learned during the last week…
- Happy surprise for me; while trying to create a baseline I lost 4.4lb. Their might be something to kick starting your day with shakes and supplements.
- You can tell what my exercise plans are for the day based on my progress pics! Can you guess the days I’m doing pole vs. circus?
- I was surprised that most days I felt full with only having a shake in the morning. However most days by 10:30 I wanted a snack; keep in mind I usually start my day at 6:30am.
- I also had a reaction this week to an unknown intolerance. Not sure if it’s the yummy persimmons that we bought or if it’s the daily consumption of the greens and protein powder. I am going to start by eliminating the persimmons and see what happens. More news on this next week.
- My energy levels have been up that can probably be accounted to the fact that I am never missing my vitamins and the Greens First I have been consuming daily. I have also noticed I am more well rested and I sleep better at night.
- Maintaining my calorie deficit of 500 calories per day has been substantial easier this week, however this could also be attribute to the fact that I was planning on blogging about this process and well when you share your fitness and diet journey with the world it’s a great way to be held accountable for what you eat.
Before and After Shots
“No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everybody on the couch.”
Yours truly ~ Pierrette.