Granola bars and cereal bars are not typically the healthiest snack you can choose, but lets face it, kids go nuts for them and it’s a super easy to toss one in their lunch box, or is it? I have yet to find store bought granola bars that meet all these requirements:
- follows the kiddo’s dietary restrictions
- are nut free (can’t send nuts to school)
- that kiddo will eat
Naturally what do I do start experiencing with recipes. So I present to you my Vegan, Gluten Free, School Safe Kid Approved Cereal Bars.
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cupSunButter Original Natural
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 4 cups Nature’s Path Fruit Juice Sweetened Corn Flakes
- Using coconut oil grease a pan. I like to use our lasagna pan however you can use any cake pan the bigger the pan the thinner the bars will be.
- Place corn flakes in a large bowl.
- In a pot over medium heat bring to a boil coconut sugar, honey, coconut oil.
- Stir in SunButter and remove from heat.
- Quickly pour mixture over corn flakes and mix until corn flakes are well coated.
- Pour mixture in your greased pan and spread evenly. Let sit on counter or in fridge until coating starts firming up.
- Cut into 12 even bars.
- I like to store mine individually wrapped to make them easy to toss in my kiddo’s lunch box.
Makes 12 Servings
Calories 190; Fat 6.1g; Sodium 96.1; Carbs 31.2g; Fiber 1.8g; Sugars 19.2g; Protein 3.3g
Nutritional Information Provided from LoseIt data.
“Omm, nom, nom, nom…”
Yours Truly Pierrette