I love grain based salads however they can also be super high on the calorie count since they are often more carbs then veggies. This is a lovely well balanced salad just add a side of grilled chicken breast to make it a meal.
Curried Sorghum Salad
- 1 cup dried whole sorghum
- 16 oz carrots – grated
- 1 small red onion minced
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dried currents
- 1 cup coconut milk (you want the drinking milk alternative not canned)
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cook the sorghum as per package direction.
- In a large bowl combine carrots, onion, chia seeds and currents. Mix well to ensure ingredients are well distributed.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup whisk the curry powder and salt into coconut milk. This is your dressing.
- Add dressing to carrot mixtures and toss very well.
- Once sorghum is cooked add while still hot to carrot mixtures. Mix so that everything is well distributed.
- Serve chilled.
Makes 8 – 1 cup Servings
Calories 189; Fat 3.2g; Carbs 23.2g; Fiber 6.8g; Sugars 0.1g; Protein 4g
Nutritional Information Provided from LoseIt data.
Yours Truly Pierrette